Saturday, July 14, 2012

Penguin Christmas Card

Penguin images just make me happy.  This Penguin Christmas Card is made with a digital stamp by Bugaboo.  I'm trying to trick my mind into cooler thoughts by making Christmas cards and by doing a little Christmas ornament shopping at Hallmark this morning.  It's been really hot here in Oklahoma. I'm hoping the mind over matter theory really works. The penguins in this image are delightfully cheerful and just what I needed to work on today. I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
I colored the image with Copic markers and added some sparkle to the ornaments with a Gelly Roll pen in clear star.  The patterned paper is by doodlebug design inc. (1166, Christmas loopy stripes) and I adhered the image with foam tape to give it a little more dimension.  Since I didn't use a sentiment on the front of the card I added a Christmas greeting and a little decoration the the inside of the card.  This Penguin Christmas Card is a simple design that would be easy to make multiples of for all your friends and family. 


7 comments:

  1. A lovely jolly card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 81 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what a cute card!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing our Stripes challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, awesome job....

    Leanne DT 4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those penguins are too fun! Thanks for creating with us at TPE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute -- hope this makes you happy and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute image and lovely bright card. Glad someone is having a hot summer as here in the uk I am listening to rain once again! So much for my daughters summer holiday from school!
    Ah well rain means more crafting ... As if I needed an excuse?!?
    Thanks for joining CHcC #81 and hope to see you again!
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊