Thursday, June 6, 2013

Heartfelt Sympathy Card

Making a sympathy card can be a challenge. I struggle deciding what colors to use. This Heartfelt Sympathy Card was made for one of my former roommates from college who recently lost her sister. Since the recipient is a woman I wanted the colors to be feminine but not bright. I choose Pear Pizzazz, Primrose Petals, Baked Brown Sugar and Whisper White card stock and stamped the butterflies with Marina Mist as an accent color. I loosely based the design off this weeks sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches and layered it up for the Charisma Cardz challenge. Most of my sympathy cards include a bird, flowers or butterflies in the design.  The flower and sentiment on this card is from the Simply Sketched hostess stamp set by Stampin' Up!. I stamped the image with StazOn black ink and used a blender pen to color the details.  The final touch was the addition of the pearls on the butterflies. Thanks for stopping by!

My Heartfelt Sympathy Card is entered into the following challenges:
All supplies by Stampin' Up!.

7 comments:

  1. This is a sweet and special card for your friend at this time of loss for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful and I'm sure your friend will appreciate it and your concern!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Andrea, this would be such a hard card to make. She will treasure it. It's absolutely gorgeous - and the colours are perfect, as is your colouring (that bloom! so pretty!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your friend's loss. It's not easy losing a sister. Your card is so beautiful. I especially love the butterflies. Thanks so much for joining the Flutter By Wednesday challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are always the hardest cards to make but this one turned out lovely and is sure to bring comfort. Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz. And good luck..

    Caz CC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊