Friday, January 17, 2014

Furry Friends Challenge

Welcome to Savvy Handmade Cards. We have a theme challenge for you this time. The theme is to use Furry Friends on your handmade card creation. This challenge is in honor of my late Crafting Buddy who passed away on Dec. 30th, 2013. I know many of you have a beloved pet who hangs out with you as you're crafting. They become part of our creative process and their absence can make that process difficult. I hope you will play along with this challenge and take this chance to honor your crafting buddy.

My late Crafting Buddy loved boxes!!!

Inspirational Designs:


Challenge Guidelines:
  1. Create a New card using the challenge theme, no linking to old posts. 
  2. Only one entry per blog address.
  3. This is a card only challenge.
  4. You must use a stamp, either rubber or digital.
  5. You can combine this challenge with other challenges.
  6. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to this challenge. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge submission.
  7. All brands of stamping products are welcome.
  8. HAVE FUN!!!
The challenge will run for 12 days, 1/17/2013 - 1/28/2013.

9 comments:

  1. Hello, Andrea, so sorry to read about your kitty. It brings tears to my eyes because I love my kitties so much. I am still grieving over my beloved Muffin who I lost 9 years ago - he still has a big place in my heart. I am such a cat lover as you know by my blog and all my cat cards. This challenge is right up my alley so I will definitely be back to enter. I love your kitty card with the heart - so sweet and he looks just like your beloved kitty. The colours are my favourite - pinks!

    Take your time to grieve the loss - pets are members of the family and they leave a big hole when they're gone. If you're not familiar with the poem "Rainbow Bridge," you might wish to google it - it is a comfort at these times. Sending hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was already following you - probably because I follow Erin and read about your challenges there. But I'm following you now :-)

    Take care,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I am so sorry you lost your crafting buddy. He sure was a stunner! My current kitties could care less about my crafts unless they think I am not paying enough attention to them, then they will lay all over my projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your kitty. I'm sure you will miss him terribly, as will your other feline child. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sad to hear about your crafting buddy...I know what you mean I have my mini-piebald dauchund that stays at my side too. I pray your heart mends as the sweet and happy heart memories heal and fill you with a joyous moments made and overflowing smiles of the fun times you have had. Glad I found you blog as I was checking on a challenge. Am your follower now. Hugs, Antoinette T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Andrea, I'm so sorry to hear about your fur baby :( I know all 4 of my pets make such a difference in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buddy was adorable!! *HUGS* Sorry for your loss Love the creations too! Thanks for the fantastic challenge!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, your kitty is just adorable! Love the papers you used. Thanks for joining our SOTM challenge at FTHS! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely know what you mean - I have a 95lb buddy and it's the click of his toenails on the hard wood floors that I love to hear - I know he is coming to check on me! I am sorry for your lose! I love your take on the card challenges your From the Heart - Kitten with Heart is precious! I love the papers you chose. It makes me smile! Thanks for joining the SOTM challenge at From the Heart Stamps this month. Hope to see you back for next month's challenge!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊