Sunday, July 6, 2014

By the Tide Watercolor Card

Welcome to my first post as a guest designer at the Paper Players! It was a lot of fun creating my card for this weeks theme challenge. This week Nance is the hostess and the theme is "Let's go to the Beach!"

To create my card I quickly decided to use the By the Tide stamp set and watercolor paper. It just made sense! To start, I used Pool Party ink and my aqua painters and covered the entire watercolor paper panel. I let the panel dry some but not completely and stamped the reef images with Soft Suede and Crumb Cake inks. The ink didn't bleed like I wanted, so I went back and dabbed my aqua painter on a few selected areas. Then I stamped the seahorses in Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist. Using my aqua painter and Pool Party ink I went back in between the seahorses to make it look more watery. When the panel was dry I adhered it to a panel of Pool Party cardstock. To add some texture I wrapped the bottom with a trimmed and frayed burlap ribbon and the metallic silver baker's twine. I then went digging for treasure in my bead collection and found the silver seashell charm by Blue Moon. Once everything was tied together I used dimensionals to adhere the panel to the base of Soft Suede layered with Natural cardstock. The edge detail on the Natural cardstock was made using Fiskars deckle scissors. The final touch was the Nantucket anchor circle detail and this card was complete. I hope you like it! Unless stated all supplies are by Stampin' Up! 

Please join us over at the Paper Players! (click here)  The challenge is open through Friday, July 11th, 2014 at Noon (PDT)Stop by and say hello to the rest of the new Guest Designers and the Design Team to see what they are sharing this week. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!   


The Paper Players Design Team
  

10 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Andrea! I just love it :) I'm so thrilled to see you popping up all over the place in blogland - your talent deserves to be seen all over!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your water coloring is fantastic...I love all the texture on your card,too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the burlap and the twine together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little coloured seahorses Andrea - as a keen scuba diver, your card sums up life at the beach to me! So excited to be guesting with you over at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely underwater scene, Andrea! What fun details you've added! I love to watercolor...just can't create scenes like you can! So glad you're with us for the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely beautiful, Andrea! The colors are so pretty together. The burlap and twine are the perfect embellishments! SO excited to be a GD with you at PP. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you created your watercolor scene, the frayed burlap ribbon, and that little charm is just too cute! So happy to have you on our team at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great jog of watercoloring. Love the color palette and shell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea, your card is beach-y gorgeous! I love the watercolor stamping and the colors you chose for your seahorses. The texture of the burlap and twine add such a great casual beach vibe--it's absolutely perfect! So glad to have you as a GD with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Andrea. I love the water coloring and the seahorses just seem so naturally placed. I also love the twine and burlap and the little shell. So glad you have joined us as a GD
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊