Sunday, September 21, 2014

Casual Masculine Birthday Card for The Paper Players

Hello and Happy Sunday! I'm back with another card as a guest designer at The Paper Players. This week the super talented Jaydee is challenging us with a Casual Masculine Birthday theme. I have to admit that I found making a casual card for a guy a lot easier than making one for a girl.

My card was made for one of my hubby's friends. His birthday party will be held at a local lake. Having a birthday at the lake gave me the idea to use a fish theme on his card. On a base of Whisper White I added a panel of Smoky Slate. Using the By the Tide stamp set I stamped tone on tone using the script stamp. The reef was stamped using Crumb Cake and the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Hey You set was stamped in Black. The focal panel was matted with Island Indigo cardstock and adhered directly to the Smoky Slate panel. The fish was stamped using Memento Black ink onto watercolor paper. I used my Aqua Painters and colored the fish using Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake and Island Indigo classic stampin' pads. Although you can't really see it, I added some glossy accents to the fish's eye. Then the fish was fussy-cut and adhered with dimensionals. The last detail added was the three silver sequins. I'm entering my card in the following challenges: CAS on Sunday theme Sequins Celebration and Addicted to Stamps theme For a Man or Boy.

Now, pop on over to the The Paper Players and check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team. Every week they amaze me with their creativity! Then you have until Friday, Sept. 26th at NOON (PST) to share your Casual Masculine Birthday creation. All brands of paper crafting products are welcome. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!


14 comments:

  1. LOVE this, Andrea! What a wonderful masculine card - love the simplicity and that beautiful fish you coloured. The stamps you used for the background look amazing! Sequins are perfect accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fish card -- perfect for a lakeside birthday. Those sequins are a great touch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you colored the fish, and the 3 sequins just tie it all together! A fun card for lakeside Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect guy card.....he will love it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the colors you used for the card and the design will please this fisherman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, this is perfect for a lake birthday! The colors look amazing and the sequins are the perfect embellishment! Such a great card! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, I couldn't wait to comment on your card! I love your layout and the way you've offset the script stamp and the fish. The coloring on the fish is fantastic too--just perfect for a masculine lakeside birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab masculine card Andrea. A lovely design and a good idea with the fish, which you have coloured to perfection! Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great layout for this stamp set. I love the stamped background and your elegant fishie. Awesome masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so in need of masculine cards...I'll be stalking this challenge all week for ideas! Love the layout you've used - and the scripty stamp peeking out from behind the panel? Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is awesome! Love it! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is absolutely perfect for this challenge at Paper Players, very clever use of all those stamps to come together for a fabulous, but masculine look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea, I love this card. It's my favorite DT card this week. The coloring is awesome and the whole card just rocks my boat. Sorry... couldn't help a lake reference:-) Hope your friend had a great birthday
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the layout of the stamps that you've used for your card Andrea and this set makes for a perfect guy card. Great card for this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊