Saturday, August 20, 2016

Penguin Pop-Up Card

Yesterday my neighbor and I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention that stopped in Tulsa, Oklahoma and took a Penguin Pop-Up Card class taught by Lickety Split Scrapbooks. We made this card in class and in the kit there are directions for three more cards. This is my first attempt at this type of card and it was a lot of fun, especially when everything came pre-cut and ready to assemble. The hardest part will be waiting to give this card to my niece on her birthday next April.

It seems the vendor part of the convention is getting smaller every year. I'm happy to say I stuck to my budget and still had money left over when I walked out the door. Don't worry, I'll find a place to spend it!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Andrea,the penguins are so cute in with the candles lovely pop up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love pop-up box cards, Andrea! I've only made two before but I'm definitely going to make another one! They really pack a punch when the recipient opens them! Yours is fabulous- I love all of the cute birthday penguins! Can't wait to see your other pop-up cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just simply an adorable card. I've never attempted one of these popups, so I'm really impressed with how well this turned out. And the images are so darling. Glad you were able to stick to your budget (I never can), and I've noticed the participation in the shows around my area, are much, much less. The best convention I've attended in the last ?5-10 years? has been at Stampaway last year in Cincinnati, Ohio. Unfortunately only been once, but would love to go again, but it's about a 12-15 hr drive from our home, so doubt I get to make a repeat trip. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another new creation for you to work on with your great imagination and ideas -- this will be really fun to create all kinds of pop up box cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊